“A few weeks later for mother's day, my husband bought me the best gift ever...a 571 B BananaSlicer. ”Jessica Cardwell | 121 reviewers made a similar statement
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
43,134 of 43,563 people found the following review helpful
For decades I have been trying to come up with an ideal way to slice a banana. "Use a knife!" they say. Well...my parole officer won't allow me to be around knives. "Shoot it with a gun!" Background check...HELLO! I had to resort to carefully attempt to slice those bananas with my bare hands. 99.9% of the time, I would get so frustrated that I just ended up squishing the fruit in my hands and throwing it against the wall in anger. Then, after a fit of banana-induced rage, my parole officer introduced me to this kitchen marvel and my life was changed. No longer consumed by seething anger and animosity towards thick-skinned yellow fruit, I was able to concentrate on my love of theatre and am writing a musical play about two lovers from rival gangs that just try to make it in the world. I think I'll call it South Side Story.
Banana slicer...thanks to you, I see greatness on the horizon.
841 of 913 people found the following review helpful
The Hutzler Banana Slicer has made my working life hell!,
October 7, 2012
I live and work in Queensland Australia and as many of you will know, this is where bananas get bent. My career as a banana bender began when I first left school and thanks to my excellent banana bending technique, I have risen through the ranks to achieve the highest possible level of Chief Banana Bender Extraordinair.
In my work I now have over 800 banana benders beneath me and even though this seems like a lot to manage, my job has always been pretty easy..... until now! :(
The Hutzler Banana Slicer has made my working life hell !! Thanks to it's fixed banana bend our work practices have had to change considerably. The problem is that every man's banana bend is different. In fact, I will go as far to say that no two men's bananas are bent the same. I can say this with confidence, as we have monthly inspections where all 800+ men have their bananas closely scrutinised.
But now sadly, we are forced to conform with some arbitrary banana bend, created without consideration for the vast variation in the bend of a man's banana.
I hate you Hutzler Banana Slicer! You have made my working life hell. You are responsible for much grief and ultimately you will be responsible for the loss of many a banana bender's job, as you leave us with no option but to move towards electronic banana bending.
14,722 of 15,117 people found the following review helpful
Once I figured out I had to peel the banana before using - it works much better.
Ordering one for my nephew who's in the air force in California. He's been using an old slinky to slice his banana's. He should really enjoy this product!
2,753 of 2,925 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, September 11, 2012
There is no way to tell if this is a standard or metric banana slicer. Additional markings on it would help greatly.
2,538 of 2,750 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Such a time saver, September 24, 2012
No more throwing bananas at the ceiling fan for me! This product has saved me the work of peeling the banana slices off the wall after the fan slices them. Thanks, banana slicer!
714 of 773 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars This product ruined my marriage., August 29, 2012
I met my husband years ago on a blind date at a tropical fruit convention. We instantly hit it off and he soon fell in love with my banana slicing skills, and we were quickly married. Every morning there were perfectly sliced bananas to top his waffles, his cereal, even as garnishes for his eggs. That's why he loved me. My perfectly sliced bananas. We were in wedded bliss. But I was a fraud, I had been using this banana slicer instead of cutting up his bananas perfectly with a knife. Before he woke up I would sneak downstairs and use the Victorio 571B on the bananas, put them on a cutting board, and place a knife next to them and quickly hide the slicer. I loved how he would praise my banana slicing skills to everyone, anytime, even during our romantic embraces.One morning I came into the kitchen and he was already there, holding the slicer. He asked how long I had been faking my slicing skills, and toldme I had betrayed him, our marriage, and everything that our relationship was based on. He called a divorce attorney that morning, and now I am alone and working three jobs to make ends meet.A word of advice: please disclose your use of this product to your loved ones to avoid problems like this in the future. It WILL destroy your life!
No comments:
Post a Comment